Travel Safety Tips for the Thanksgiving Holiday
Thanksgiving is just a few days away, and many people across the United States will be travelling home for the holiday. The long Thanksgiving weekend is actually one of the busiest travel times of the year. Sadly, with increased traffic on the roadways comes more car accident fatalities. The following safety tips can help keep you and your loved ones safe during holiday travel.
- Always wear your seatbelt no matter how far or short of a distance being driven.
- All passengers should wear seatbelts.
- Children should be safely fastened into age appropriate child safety seats, and children under the age of 12 should ride in the back seat.
- Check your brakes, wipers, headlights, taillights and tires to ensure that they are in good working order.
- Never drink and drive.
- Follow the posted speed limit.
- Slow your speed down when driving in inclement weather.
- Get plenty of rest before making a long drive.
- Avoid all cell phone use while driving. If necessary, pull over to use your phone.
While you can try to be as safe as possible at all times on the roadways, not all accidents can be avoided. If you have been involved in a car accident due to another driver’s negligence, you may be entitled to seek compensation for your injuries. Those who have lost a loved one in a fatal car accident may be able to file a wrongful death claim against the at-fault driver.
The Villages Auto Accident Injury Lawyers at Whittel & Melton know just how devastating a car accident can be during the holidays. We are available 24/7 to review your case and help you determine the best course of action for you and your family. We proudly represent car accident victims in Lake, Sumter and Marion County. Call our office at 352-369-5334 or contact us online to schedule a free, no obligation consultation.