Drunk Driving Accidents
The Villages Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer: Decades of Experience Representing Victims and Their Families
Drunk driving is dangerous, and there is no excuse for getting drunk and then getting behind the wheel. When people choose to drink and drive, they put other motorists in harm’s way, and they often do so with devastating consequences.
If you need to seek just compensation for a drunk driving accident in The Villages, we encourage you to schedule an appointment with a The Villages drunk driving accident attorney. Our attorneys have decades of collective experience representing victims and families, and we have helped numerous clients recover their losses following serious and fatal accidents.
Understanding Your Legal Rights After a Drunk Driving Accident in The Villages
Due to the inherent risks of driving under the influence, individuals and families who suffer losses in car accidents involving drunk drivers have clear legal rights. Drunk drivers can be held liable, their insurance companies can be required to provide coverage, and in many cases other parties can be held liable as well.
When we represent the residents of The Villages and their families in drunk driving accident cases, we pursue all available claims for financial compensation. Depending on the circumstances involved, this may include filing claims against:
- The Drunk Driver’s Insurance Company – Auto insurance covers drunk driving accidents, and driving while intoxicated is a form of negligence for which accident victims and families can pursue fault-based compensation in Florida. If the driver who hit you or your loved one has insurance, our The Villages drunk driving accident lawyer can seek the maximum compensation available under his or her policy.
- The Victim’s Insurance Company – Drunk driving accident victims can often seek coverage under their own auto insurance policies as well. In addition to filing for personal injury protection (PIP) coverage, you may be able to file an uninsured/underinsured motorist (UIM) claim as well if you have this coverage under your policy.
- A Bar or Restaurant that Overserved the Drunk Driver – Under Florida’s “dram shop” law, bars, restaurants and other establishments can be held liable for serving alcohol to minors, to individuals who are clearly intoxicated, and to individuals who are known alcoholics.
- The Owner of the Drunk Driver’s Vehicle – Under Florida’s law of “negligent entrustment,” if the drunk driver was behind the wheel of someone else’s vehicle, it is possible that the vehicle’s owner could be held partially responsible for the crash.
- The Drunk Driver’s Employer – If the drunk driver was working at the time of the crash, then his or her employer could also be liable. Employers can be held liable for negligent hiring and supervision, and they can also face “vicarious liability” for the negligent acts of their employees.
Speak with a The Villages Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer Today
If you would like to speak with an attorney about seeking financial compensation for a drunk driving accident in The Villages, we encourage you to schedule a free initial consultation at Whittel & Melton, LLC. To schedule an appointment at a time and location that are convenient for you, please call 352-369-5334 or contact us online today.