The fines associated with traffic tickets, traffic school, and all related court appearances can add up quickly. Not only are you left with excess fees, but you are spending lots of valuable time dealing with these issues. Excess points on your driver’s license can cause your insurance company to drive up your rates, which can lead to more of a financial headache. Moreover, the Florida Department of Motor Vehicles can also suspend your driver’s license if you have a significant number of points on your license. This could mean that you are unable to drive yourself to work or school, drop your kids off at daycare or pick them up from any activities, or drive to and from anywhere you need to get to. Finding alternative methods of transportation can mean more money out of your pocket and more hassles on your part.
Our Traffic Offense Attorneys in The Villages want to help you avoid the inconveniences that accompany traffic violations. We urge you to consult with us today by calling 352-369-5334 or contacting us online.License Suspension
The Florida Department of Motor Vehicles has the ability to suspend your driver’s license based on a certain number of points accrued over a specific time period. Let’s say you rack up 12 points within 12 months, then your Florida driver’s license will be suspended for 30 days. If you reach 18 points within 18 months, your Florida driver’s license will be suspended for 3 months.
If you were given a traffic ticket in The Villages anytime recently for driving carelessly, speeding, driving with a suspended license, running a red light, running a stop sign, DUI (driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol or any combination), or any other type of traffic violation, we can represent your interests in traffic court. We can appear on your behalf, so that you do not have to.Speak With Our Traffic Lawyers in The Villages
Our experienced Traffic Lawyers in The Villages will do everything we can to get your traffic ticket dismissed and any points assessed to your driver’s license taken off. We will also work to get any fines reduced or eliminated as well as keep you out of traffic school. As former prosecutors with the state of Florida, we know the laws and what can be done to get you the best possible results. To learn more about how we may be able to help you with your traffic ticket or traffic violation in The Villages, call us now at 352-369-5334 or contact us online.Florida Traffic Point Driver’s License Suspensions
- Twelve (12) Points in Twelve (12) Months - thirty (30) days
- Eighteen (18) Points in Eighteen (18) Months - three (3) months
- Twenty-Four (24) Points in Thirty-Six Months - one (1) year
- Leaving the Scene of an Accident with property damage of fifty dollars or more - six (6) points
- Unlawful Speed with accident - six (6) points
- Reckless Driving - four (4) points
- A moving violation with accident - four (4) points
- Passing a school bus parked - four (4) points
- Driving during restricted hours - three (3) points
- Speeding - 16 miles per hour or more over speed limit - four (4) points
- Speeding - 15 miles per hour or less over speed limit - three (3) points
- Most other moving violations - three (3) points
- Improper equipment - zero (0) point
- Open Container - three (3) points
Our trained Florida Traffic Ticket defense lawyers will work to see that you resolve the matter with no points. When applicable, we work towards a dismissal of all charges. Contact Whittel & Melton, LLC today to protect your rights.