The Dangers of a Rollover Crash
Rollover collisions are among some of the most dangerous and deadly types of crashes on the roadways. They generally occur at high speeds and can leave victims with catastrophic or fatal injuries. Being prepared is key anytime you get behind the wheel, so understanding the risk factors associated with rollover accidents and how you can minimize your chances of being the victim of this type of wreck will help to keep you safe in The Villages.
Rollover Accident Statistics
- An estimated 40 percent of fatal rollover crashes involve excessive speeding.
- Rollover crashes account for 33 percent of all passenger vehicle fatalities.
- Wearing your seatbelt can save your life in a rollover accident. You are actually 75 percent less likely to be killed in a rollover crash if you are buckled up.
- Nearly three-quarters of all fatal rollover collisions occur in rural areas.
- More than 10,000 people a year die in rollover crashes.
- SUVs and other taller, narrow vehicles, are more prone to rollover.
Rollover accidents have a higher fatality rate than many other types of crashes. Rollover crashes accounted for almost 35 percent of all deaths from passenger vehicle crashes in 2010. In that same year, more than 7,600 people died in rollover crashes, and almost 70 percent of them were not wearing seat belts at the time of the crash. The majority of rollover accident fatalities, 85 percent, occur in single-vehicle collisions, so it is important to raise awareness about driver behavior since this is the most important factor in preventing this type of wreck.
You can minimize your risk of a rollover accident by doing the following:
- Exercise Caution on Rural Roads
- Avoiding Panic-Like Steering
- Familiarize Yourself with Proper Maneuvering Behind the Wheel
- Know Your Tire Pressure and Loading Limits
If you or a loved one has been injured in a rollover crash in The Villages, a personal injury lawyer can help you understand what to do next. Rollover accidents can be quite devastating. Victims can be left with many physical and emotional scars from such a traumatic crash. Whether you are in the hospital recovering from your injuries or you are taking care of a loved one who was injured after a rollover accident, a Villages Injury Lawyer at Whittel & Melton can help you put the pieces of your life back together. To find out more about how we can assist with your potential claim, please call us today at 352-369-5334 or contact us online to arrange for a free consultation.