Jay P. Lechner
Mr. Lechner is a Florida Bar board certified labor and employment lawyer with years experience representing both employees and employers in all aspects of employment law matters. Mr. Lechner’s expert speciality extends to all employment disputes, including wrongful termination, sexual harassment, discrimination including but not limited to age, race, gender, national origin, overtime and wage/hour payment issues, retaliation and whistleblower claims, as well as restrictive covenants, unfair business practices, related state tort and contract issues and other types of employment litigation.
Before attending law school, Mr. Lechner spent several years in management and served as a volunteer firefighter.
Mr. Lechner is admitted to practice in Florida's Middle, Southern and Northern Districts, as well as the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals and all Florida state courts. He received his B.A. from the University of Florida and his J.D. with honors from the University of Florida's Levin College of Law.
- J.D., University of Florida Levin College of Law, 2001
- B.A., University of Florida, 1990
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- Southern District of Florida
- Middle District of Florida
- Northern District of Florida
- 11th Circuit Court of Appeals
Professional & Bar Association Memberships
- American Bar Association
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Jackson Lewis – Partner, Shareholder
- Greenberg Traurig – Partner, Shareholder
- Board Certified, Labor & Employment – The Florida Bar
- Florida Trend Magazine, Legal Elite
- Super Lawyers Publication
- U.S. News and World Report – Best Lawyers